The most important milestone of the URBACT capitalisation process will take place in Brussels, at the Albert Borschette Conference Centre of the European Commission (36 rue Froissart, B-1040 Brussels) on Tuesday 18 June 2013.
The launch of the long awaited URBACT thematic reports “Cities of Tomorrow: Action Today” has been organised with support of Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy of the European Commission and will host, among others, a speech by Commissioner Hahn.
The six reports covers the range of challenges European cities are facing today, demonstrating that an integrated and participative approach is required, to achieve the environmental, social and economic targets of EU 2020 strategy.
- The Future in Shrinking Cities
- More Jobs: Better Cities
- Supporting Urban Youth Through Social Innovation
- Against Divided Cities in Europe
- Motivate Mobility Mindsets
- Building Energy Efficiency in European Cities
The launch event will include a panel debate with URBACT experts and EU political representatives and a networking lunch, where participants will have a chance to meet the report authors. Come and debate the big issues facing European cities with our expert panel and take the opportunity to submit your own questions.
- How can cities drive a sustainable economic recovery?
- How do cities tackle challenges such as carbon targets and growing inequalities?
- How are ageing populations and migration changing our cities?
- What are the policies that will help cities to innovate, harness local talent and resources, and ultimately to survive the crisis?
- And how can the new ideas related to the ongoing discussions on new Cohesion Policy ideas and tools, such as Integrated Territorial Investments (ITI) and Community Lead Local Development (CLLD)?
To secure your place, please, complete the registration form available at the following link –http://urbact.onetec.eu/. The deadline for registration is 10 June.